Last Revision Date: 4/6/2016
This article is designed to help users obtain and install drivers for the FLIR USB 3.1 interface cards.
If you have purchased a FLIR USB 3.1 card, drivers can be installed from us using one of two methods as below.
All our SDKs
To use the Manufacturer's driver for the card:
- Download the driver from the Downloads site or the manufacter's site.
- Copy the driver file to your Windows driver folder (i.e., C:\\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\).
- From the Control Panel, open the Device Manager.
- Expand the Point Grey Bus Host Controllers.
- Right-click on the USB 3.1 card and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Find the driver folder on your computer from step 2 and click Next. Device Manager installs the file and reports a successful installation.
Note: To use USB3 Vision software with a USB3 Vision camera, you must use the manufacturer's driver for the card.
All our SDKs expect Spinnaker
To use our driver for the card:
- Download the FlyCapture SDK from the Downloads site.
- Open the DriverControlGUI utility.
Start menu->All Programs->Point Grey FlyCapture2 SDK->Utilities->DriverControlGUI.
- Click on the USB tab.
- From the PC tree, select the host controller.
- Under Driver Selection, select Point Grey Drivers, and select the driver from the drop-down. If more than one driver is available, select the latest version.
- Click Install Driver.
Note: FlyCapture SDK and the USBPro driver (pgrxHCI) are for use with our cameras and do not work with third party USB 3.1 cameras or components.